Photoshop vs GIMP: Which Photo Editor is Right for You? – ColorClipping Ltd
For photo editing, you need to use editing software. Photoshop and Gimp both software are for photo manipulation. Similarly, both of this software is well-recognized for the picture editing services. But, it is to mention that Gimp and Photoshop may do the same thing in the photo editing industry, they have some differences.
Here in this blog, you’ll know true facts about Gimp Vs Photoshop within 10 minutes. Some magical differences of Gimp and Photoshop are mentioned here with logical proofs. Let’s Dig-
General Image Manipulation Program, in short, is called GIMP. Photo retouching, image composition and image editing those can be administered for a project by this program. GIMP is specially used for LINUX. It is free and an open source image editing software.
Linux is an operating system as like as windows. Linux User uses GIMP and they use it for free. GIMP’s user interfacial similarity to Photoshop that most people will be able to pick it up after a short time. Here, the ways to work on graphics are universal.
Gimp has the capability to use a simple program just like an expert for photo editing. It is designed by increased plus-ins and extensions to do just about anything. This editing software is not only an essential Adobe Photoshop alternative but also it has a server of useful features. It also provides an online support community for the best experience.
GIMP is encompassing developers to improve its features. There are opportunities for developers who are interested in covering GIMP’s capabilities and can help to make a better program.
In commercial packages, the Adobe Photoshop has an impressive number of users willing add to blogs. Easily a user can find a meeting place and training workshop in Photoshop. But the ability to customise is more bounded than Gimp. All over the web, video tutorials for the GIMP editor.
GIMP has its own publication which usually posts tips, tricks and tutorials on using the basic through the flexible features of the program.
So, it can be said that GIMP is a good option when employees need as easy -to-obtain photo editing software. Also, that will run on most of the machine in a company. It has quite a few plugging and open sources to customise. This open source graphics program not only the best choice but also a commercial package for a large open group user.
Adobe Photoshop is a photo editing, image creation and graphic design software. The photo editing software allows most of the image editing features. It also features for editing images as well as vector graphics. It is a layer based editing system uses altering with multiple layers that support transparency. Layers can behave as a filter and alter underlying colours. It also helps in shadow making and other effects to the layers. To reduce the need for repetitive tasks it includes automation features.
Photoshop is the industry standard image editing software for so long that its name has become a verb. It is common idiom to say that an image has been photo shopped.
Photoshop software is the most used editing software by photographers, graphic designers, video game artists and so on. This software is also available for a monthly payment with user’s premium requirement. Mac computer and Windows PCs can use Photoshop CC.
GIMP vs Photoshop
- GIMP and Photoshop have the biggest difference in its price. Photoshop would cost you a lot of money to purchase where GIMP is an open source software. It’s free anyone to download and easy to use.
- GIMP is the nonpayment image editor and popular for many Linux users. whereas Photoshop is not yet available for Linux users. GIMP is announced by Linux users as their own version of Photoshop.
- There is supporting community for GIMP designers but it is still not available in Photoshop.
- Photoshops’ main problem is that it only supports two operating system, that is Mac OS and Windows. But GIMP is available for multiple operating systems.
- Those who just want to improve the quality of their photos without spending any money on the editing software, GIMP is the best for photo editing software.
- Adobe regularly updates their features. On the other hand, GIMP also tries to update features but it is not as like as Photoshop.
- Adobe Photoshop has a common issue of being attacked by hackers. But GIMP has not any of this threat.
- Photographers mostly use Photoshop because it has light room feature. Also, they get a powerful raw processor which is not available in GIMP.
GIMP and Photoshop both are photo editing software. But those have different users from the different operating system. GIMP has regular update feature but Photoshop is faster than GIMP. Usually, people think GIMP is alternative to Photoshop, it’s not true. Both of this photo editing software have preferable users around the photo-post production industry.