OH!!! Never Miss These Photographing Techniques (Workflow)
Image creating is an art for the photographer. Pressing the shutter is just a small part of the journey to a mesmerizing look to publish. The challenge of scenes with meaningful dynamic range. There have no differences of landscape & architecture. In the entire scene’s, it entails dynamic range. For architecture & indoor 3 frames are enough for most scene’s dynamic range.
You really should-
- Where JPEG is needed, shoot RAW too to retain maximum elasticity in images because we are not sports shooters who firing a constant stream of image desk.
- ISO low is necessary.
- For the same set of images, use a single white balance setting.
- The heaviest tripod & a remote shutter release, wired or otherwise.
In Canary Wharf, underground station’s image comprises 3 frames. It was the challenge; in the dark surrounding areas this scene was getting a good exposure with the bright metallic escalator & preposterously brighten canopy. In the each of layer include the completely exposed parts of the formation.
5D Mark ll & 17mm TS-E Tilt-Shift lens is pretty much helpful for architecture & landscape images. When I shoot multiple exposures commonly due to the front element being convex & preventing any attempts to use filters. An EF24 f/1.4 & EF50mm f/1.3 always have in my bag.
Computer & Monitor
A dual CPU Mac Pro with 24gb RAM, for editing all photos are taken on this. It needs a huge memory of this work. I use excess 1GB when I work on editing.
For importing images, you should do it manually. Coz no one knows but you, how to import your routine and not to relinquish your control.
By using Adobe Photoshop CC of all the numerous photo applications that I installed day to day. For image processing, it is very feasible to work. I work on the image using the filter pane – on the left- to show only my final selection.
Adobe’s Camera Raw application that will perform a few pinch of all the image towards a single composite image.
- You must be ensuring of import your image in the same colour space as your camera. Adobe RGB, a wired colour gamut than internet’s sRGB. If you want the best quality image that converts down for what your target medium.
- Edit image in 16 bit
- Set white balance with select the best & most evenly exposed frame.
- You can use the Recovery slider to compensate if there are hot spots.
- If you want to use the recovery slider too much, compensate with the exposure slider. Again press [alt] [cmd] together.
- The [alt] [cmd] again with the black levels- bring levels up to just before you start blowing the blacks
- All the photos open into Photoshop software.
I work on Photoshop workspace which is quite simple –
- You can use layer blend multiple image exposures.
- Stitch these composite images if these are panoramic.
- You must save the single composite image as a Photoshop PSD file.
- To select targeted regions of the image colour after use masking, contrast & exposure control.
- You resave this image with all the layers which already have been created.
- If it necessary to crop, then flatten the image & straighten.
- As a Photoshop PSD, you can save a new version of make image.
- Create image resize such as 900 pixels across for 500px.
- You will convert to sRGB & to 8bit.
- Save as a JPEG, when you will find the filename with 900px, it is easy to find later.
Manual Layer Blend
First, you separate exposures into one image as layers. File > Scripts > Load Files into A Stack [Add Open Files]
Choose Selection tool of choice which I have to use the Quick selection tool, highlighted on the very left. Press [Shift] to add your selection & [alt] to remove from your selection. You can understand that I have selected the correctly exposed canopy in Canary Wharf Station.
If we don’t make it more smooth & polished, then this selection is very dentate & it will be most seeable. The red mask area is very useful as well as viewing selected vs unselected, but the option you need to set. The Refine Radius Tool brush you can use, highlighted on the left, this will allow us to paint the edge of the selection. You can increase the brush size option & paint lavishly around the edge of the selection. Select the ok to save this.
Now to make a mask layer that creates some of the layer image visible. You can Press the [Add Vector Mask] button that is highlighted. If you can see, then you find the black & white thumbnail which has appeared next to my layer thumbnail there black is invisible. Though the same area in the corresponding layer, there anything not black will show. If you carefully see, then you can watch the exposure layer mask for the escalator & canopy surround. A little bit of work very flexible method to represent wide dynamic range scenes.
Flatten exposure layers [Layer > Flatten Image] & save as a Photoshop document. A properly exposed version of your scene that you can come back.
Image Edit: Color and Contrast:
To enhance your image accurately, you need to go for editing to add colour and contrast. In simple word, colourize your image. Working on separate masks
Create layers of image sections to process using masking
- Select portion of base layer
- Copy selection
- Refine selection
- Paste to a new layer name it something sensible
- Repeat for all section that requires separate attention
Select the layer what are you going to edit- I will select the sand layer
You will see the new layer has a little arrow pointing down to reflect. I have selected a predefined level of Increased Saturation More.
The picture should be nice warm. So, I’ll add another adjustment layer of a Photo Filter- Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Photo Filter…. Select the Sand layer first & remember to tick the Use Previous Layer to Create Clipping Mask option. I select the Warming Filter & increased the density to 50 for a fuller effect.
At the last, I have added curves layer for contrast that select the sand layer & from the same menu location layer > Adjustment Layer > Curves – select Strong Contrast (RGB).
Tip: To adjust exposure by a stop add a curve layer & set its opacity to 38%. For +1 stop, set the Blending Mode to screen & for -1 stop Multiply.
By editing section by section, all edit did now that I have been able to control the image quite generally.
Straighten. Crop. Sharpen. Save. Resize. Save
Use the ruler, illustrated left which is very quick once identify the strongest line in the image.
Save the image before proceeding but it is difficult to save.
The subject of sharpening & personally have tried the most elegant method is the high pass filter method. The result is sharp without artifacts & jaggies.
The final save as JPEG needs converted sRGB & 8 bit. For the internet these attributes. If you either image simply not look at the same process on a computer.
To finalizing, I should tell you that, never focus on either only photography or photoshop. Try to focus on both that will get you the most enhanced image.