Hamdan International Photography Award
Hamdan International Photography Award (HIPA) is a global photography award. It was first introduced in 2011 with the support of crown prince of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid bin Mohammed al Maktoum.
H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum founded this esteemed ‘Hamdan International Photography Award’. Initiation of this award demonstrates the dedication of Dubai to promote and acknowledge art, culture and passion.
The Award welcomes all talented photographers from every corner of the world, and also give respects to the talent. Therefore, they, in turn, get a stage and catch the international art and culture attention.
The Award highlights how Dubai has become an icon of being artistically and culturally conscious among the established cities in the world. This is till now the most demandable contest in the planet in its 6th year. As it offers a great prize money, there are certain rules that participants should follow-
- The contest only accepts online submissions through the competition online registration page available on www.hipa.ae.
- Participant photographers must be aged between 18 years and over at the time of their submission(s).
There are some rules also for the photographs that you submit for the contest-
- You can submit up to one photo in each category. But it is an exception for the Portfolio category, where you are allowed to submit 5- 10 photos. Time-Lapse is a video competition and you are granted to submit a video for the contest. Most importantly, along with the photo, there has to be a short description and a title for the photograph you sent.
- You are allowed to submit one photo for a specific category. The same photo for different categories is not allowed for submission.
- Photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution. Image size should be minimum 5 MB.
- The minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi as per suitable for publication. The file should be submitted in RAW format without any kind of photo editing.
- HIPA will appoint a panel of judges who will examine and determine the winners of each competition. The public ceremony that will be held on March 2019.
- The winners will be contacted by HIPA, upon contact the winner will have to provide their bank account details, where the prize money will be transferred within two months.
Total of $423,000 is announced to be distributed among the grand prize winner and winners in other categories in the HIPA contest. Here is a list of prize distribution for main categories.
Our life is a collection of moments, which happens in a split second yet can have a glorious effect if captured accurately. Photographers can capture these moments to offer a visual masterpiece. So it’s an open invitation to all to prepare the submission and capture an unforgettable moment that can change reality or the course of history.
The Portfolio category renders photographers the opportunity to preview their storytelling plot through sequential photos. A portfolio of photographs enables picture takers to enclose the heart and minds of viewers in a way which is impossible to portray with a single photograph.
This category still is the preferred among photographers who have a fabulous eye for photography that doesn’t necessarily fall into any other sections. Each year this category seems to generate diversity, creativity and versatile art forms.
So grab the camera and go out for shooting. Who can say that- You may have the chance to add meaning to the scene by capturing photos? HIPA always encourages a new type of artists to showcase their merit in the photography section.